Thursday, November 29, 2007

Post One *A*

Vocab Words.
Volatile-(Pg.2) Tending or threatening to break out into open violence.
Slyly-(Pg.27) Stealthy, insidious, or secret.

Figurative Language.
"Just like in real life,our characters are Polar Opposites." I believe this is is figurative language. It uses a medaphor because polar can mean opposite.
"Of course it's not true! You made it up!" I believe this is using Imagery because you can see them pointing fingers at eachother.
"I like looking my age. I hate how Sky's always trying to be twenty-five instead of sixteen. She looks ridiculous." I believe this is using personification because it is talking about the physical looks of the girls, and what they think of themselves.

Significant quote
"Who am I kidding? When your face is on TV every Sunday night at 9 PM, how do you disappear without people noticing?"(Pg.5) When you get into the whole "Hollywood lets be famous" thing you can't just take a break. She expresses that the highs and lows in this book of being famous.

Emerging Theme
I believe the emerging theme of this book is that it is about a girl who loves the star life, but whats to be normal also.

No comments: